Civil 3D Fundamentals
Civil 3D Fundamentals
Using hands-on exercises representing real-world, industry-specific design scenarios, users explore the fundamental concepts and workflows for creating 3D models using AutoCAD. Users learn about 3D conceptualization using solid, surface, and mesh models, and the recommended practices for evolving those into composite models. The tools and concepts of free-form organic modeling are covered. This guide also teaches users how to present their designs while they are still being created, using visualization tools such as visual styles, model walk and fly-throughs, materials, and lighting. Users also learn how to output 3D models from AutoCAD to either paper or a distributable, electronic version.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the AutoCAD Civil 3D working environment.
- Use Survey functionality in Civil 3D.
- Create and manage points.
- Create and edit surfaces.
- Generate subdivision parcels.
- Create alignments for subdivision roads.
- Create profiles for subdivision roads.
- Model a subdivision road with a cul-de-sac.
- Design the grading for a subdivision site.
- Create and edit a storm sewer pipe network.
- Create alignments using design criteria for a transportation facility.
- Create and edit a corridor model with a varying lane width.
- Calculate corridor volumes and show design sections.
- Share data using data shortcuts, reference objects, and Autodesk® Vault.
Duration & Prices
R5,000.00 (excl VAT)
Software for this Course
AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software is a Building Information Modeling (BIM) solution for civil engineering design and documentation. AutoCAD Civil 3D helps civil engineering professionals working on transportation, land development, and water projects stay coordinated and more easily and efficiently explore design options, analyze project performance, and deliver consistent, higher quality documentation—all within a familiar AutoCAD® environment.
Perform geospatial analysis and extend Civil 3D model data for stormwater analysis and interactive 3D simulations and visualizations. You can also generate quantity takeoff information and support automated machine guidance during construction. Civil 3D helps you gain the competitive advantage of BIM to deliver more innovative project solutions.